Eating Smart Being Active
About Eating Smart Being Active
We offer Eating Smart Being Active through UCCE Expanded Food and Nutrition Program EFNEP, which promotes good nutrition and physical activity as a means of preventing and maintaining a healthy lifestyle free of chronic disease. The goal is to help adults establish and maintain healthy eating habits and physically active lifestyles for themselves and their families.
Participants learn to:
- Plan nutritious meals
- Increase physical activity
- Stretch their food dollar
- Practice safe food handling
- Prevent obesity through healthy lifestyles
We offer no cost classes (in English, Spanish, and Mandarin) in collaboration with community partners.
Target Audience: Limited income parents, especially those with young children.
Eligibility: Participants must satisfy at least one of the following:
- Receive or be eligible to receive federal food assistance.
- Have a monthly household cash income that is at or below 185% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Be a pregnant teen or foster youth in transition, regardless of income or age.
For more information, please contact:
Nelly Camacho, Nutrition Educator
Alicia Fraticelli, Nutrition Educator